Work Health and Safety Policy Statement
This policy details how Quality Detail Cleaning & Services Australia (QDCSA) is committed to the management of health, safety and the environment.
QDCSA aspires to zero harm of our people, our contractors, our visitors and the community in which we operate.
We have an overriding commitment to health and safety and we will not compromise our safety and environmental values.
QDCSA will seek to adopt uniform best practices so to assist in eliminating or reducing of non-compliance.
Adoption of best practices will also assist in the protection of workers and others’ health and safety and the environment and maintain confidence for QDCSA operations.
Through the systems, QDCSA shall manage its environmental impact and health and safety by:
- Creating and fostering a positive health and safety culture where health and safety is considered to be an integral part of our business.
- Ensuring that all managers are responsible for the safety of and health of all staff in their teams, and for ensuring staff are not placed at risk to their health and safety at client assigned work locations;
- Providing clear expectations to all personnel to engage and comply with a Health and Safety & Environmental Management System;
- Systematically identifying environmental hazards and processes, potential risks and opportunities for improvement and to assess the risks these hazards represent and then establishing methods in order to eliminate or mitigate them;
- Developing and implementing safety & environmental management programs to continually improve performance and realise opportunities for environmentally positive contribution;
Take all reasonable steps to;
- Minimise waste-to-landfill, greenhouse gas emissions and other pollution by applying waste management principals;
- Ensuring all hazards/risks to safety and health are identified assessed and effectively controlled according to work activities and the level of risk;
- Actively promoting and encouraging the adoption of ecologically sustainable work practice initiatives and programs within our organisation, suppliers and the general community using current technical knowledge;
- Further reduce our consumption of power, water and natural resources;
- Employ environmental considerations in purchasing decisions; and,
- Communicate regularly with community groups and key stakeholders on environmental issues.
- Identifying, reporting, investigating and resolving all safety and environmental incidents and non-conformance with learning’s actioned, implemented and shared.
- Seek continuous improvement in health, safety and the environment through rigorous examination of all activities, practices and incidents.
- Maintaining, monitoring, reporting, reviewing, auditing and continual improvement of the Health, Safety and Environmental Management System.
- Complying with all applicable legislations, regulations, standards, codes of practice and any other safety related operational procedures;
- Establish and review meaningful and accurate measurable targets and objectives to facilitate continual improvement for safety, hazard identification and environmental and communicating appropriately to our people.
- Providing all staff with information, instruction, training and supervision necessary to safely carry out their responsibilities;
- Consult openly to enhance the effectiveness of the system and increase awareness.
- Effectively implement this Policy through a process of consultation, communication, continual improvement and culture change and ensure it is available to the public.
- Supporting the safe and early return to work of injured employees.
- Consulting with employees in decision-making process on safety and health matters;
- Providing suitable and sufficient resources to implement and maintain the system.
- This Policy will be reviewed annually to ensure it remains relevant and appropriate.
Responsibilities are set out in the QDCSA WHS SMS: Assigning Responsibilities procedure.
As a service provider QDCSA will consult with our individual contractors to ensure, so far as it is reasonably practicable, that the following are provided for any contracted personnel
- Safe systems of work;
- A safe and healthy workplace;
- Supervision and Safe work method statements (SWMS) are in place and understood.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) are supplied & maintained meeting the requirements of AS/NZS:4801